The "MicPre 5.0" is a complete single channel microphone preamp that offers features and flexibility for use in the most serious recording applications. The signal path consists of a matched discrete transistor front-end, premium IC's, and transformer output stage. With the push of a button, the MP5.0 can change from an "Transformer-Balanced" output to a "Active-Balanced" output. The compact 1/2 rack format of the MP5.0 can easily be rack mounted and combined with the Speck Model ASC equalizer to create a highly functional outboard channel strip. The MicPre 5.0 also includes a mix section that makes it perfect for DAW's and remote recording.
What is Mix Node?
The mix section of the MicPre 5.0 provides a separate left/right mix out with level, pan and mute.
With only a simple interface cable, this mix section, or "Mix Node" can be linked with any number of MP5.0's to form a fully integrated mix section.
In many situations such as desktop or location recording, this expandable feature of the MP5.0 can eliminate the need for a separate audio mixer.
Flexible signal routing
The MP5.0 is more than a mic pre. It gives you a surprising number of signal routing alternatives. Just use your imagination when plugging up the MP5.0.
Since the MP5.0 works with balanced or unbalanced gear, you will not be stuck looking for the proper cable or worrying about level compatibility between dissimilar gear.
Speck Electronics MP 5.0 Features
- Matched discrete transistor input / transformer output.
- 70 dB of preamp gain.
- Precision stepped gain control with variable trim control.
- Variable high pass filter.
- Mix output section with level, pan and mute.
- Mix section can be "linked" with additional MP5.0's.
- Transformer "and" active balanced outputs.
- High resolution 10 segment LED VU meter.
- Internal power supply with toroidal transformer.
- All input, output, and insert connectors are balanced.
- Can be combined with the Model ASC EQ to form a Channel Strip.
Speck Electronics MP 5.0 Tech Specifications
- Gain Range (Mic): 70 dB total; +10 to +60dB in 5dB steps; -10/+10 variable trim
- Gain Range (D.I.): -20 to +40 dB in 5 dB steps;
- THD+N: (Gain +40, Output +12dBu); 002% nominal
- Noise EIN (22Hz-22kHz): -126 dBu (150 ohm, 60dB gain)
- Freqency Response: 10Hz-200kHz (+0/-3dB)
- Mic input impedence(10Kz): 4.6k ohms
- D.I. input impedence: 50k ohms
- Maximum input level: +18dBu (without pad); +30dBu (with 20dB pad in)
- Max. output level (10k load): +28dBu at active outputs; +24dBu at transformer output
- HP Filter: 30Hz-250Hz (12dB/octave)
- Phantom Power: +48V regulated
- Dimensions: HxWxD=1.75" x 8.5" x 8.00" (44mm x 216mm x 203mm)
- Weight: 5 Lbs. (2.27kg)
- Power Requirements: 100-120 VAC 50-60Hz; 220-240 VAC 50-60Hz
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.