Your Go-to Studio Ribbon Mic!
Here's a ribbon mic that's built to take on practically any sound source in the room! Royer's amazing R-101 works well on everything from drums to acoustic guitars to loud amplifiers. You'll love the smooth "you are there" sound you get from the R-101. You'll also appreciate the peace of mind you get knowing that this ribbon mic is robust enough to handle all these sources, thanks to its high SPL handling (in excess of 135dB). A built-in multilayer windscreen helps protect the mic's ribbon element from plosives and wind damage. Put the remarkably affordable R-101 on an amp cab, a trumpet, a drum kit, or a piano, and you'll be a believer!
Royer R-101 Passive Ribbon Microphone Features
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion
- Multilayered windscreen provides superior protection to ribbon element
- No internal electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, ringing, and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Acoustic operating principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar pattern: Figure-8
- Generating element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare-earth neodymium
- Frequency response: 30-15,000Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Sensitivity: -48dB (re. 1v/pa)
- Output impedance: 300 ohms at 1kHz (nominal)
- Rated load impedance: 1,500 ohms (or greater)
- SPL handling: Greater than 135dB at 30Hz
- Output connector: Male XLR 3-pin (pin 2 hot)
- Finish: Matte black
- Included accessories: Shockmount, carrying case, mic sock
- Optional accessories: Pop screen
- Ribbon element warranty: One year
Royer's R-101 lets you put a premium ribbon mic on all of your studio sources!
Royer R-101 Microphone Tech Specs
- Microphone Type Ribbon
- Polar Pattern Figure-8
- Ribbon Type 2.5-micron Aluminum
- Frequency Response 30Hz-15kHz
- Max SPL 135dB
- Output Impedance 300 ohms
- Connector XLR
- Weight 1.06 lbs.
- Included Accessories Shock Mount, Carry Case
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.