The PRO 44 is a wide-range condenser microphone with a hemi-cardioid (half-space cardioid) polar pattern. It was designed for surface-mounted applications in high-quality sound reinforcement and other demanding sound pickup situations. Its low-profile design makes the PRO 44 ideal for use in applications where minimum visibility is required. A 25' (7.6 m) cable with TA3F and XLRM-type connectors is provided for use between the microphone and electronics input. The PRO 44 is great for any number of applications.Audio-Technica PRO44 at a Glance
- Fixed-charged back plate construction
- Easy to position
- Rugged design
Fixed-charged back plate construction
Audio-Technica design engineers have utilized the newest low-mass technology in the quest for superior performance. The charge is now on the fixed back plate, rather than the moving element. With the A-T fixed-charge "back plate" construction, a gold-vaporized diaphragm just2 microns thick (about 0.000079") can be used. This reduces moving mass substantially, improving frequency response and transient response while reducing distortion.
Easy to position
Positioning a properly designed miniature unidirectional microphone centrally on a large, flat, unobstructed surface yields several distinct advantages. Directionality is increased by 3 dB, promoting enhanced gain before feedback and further suppression of ambient noise. Sensitivity is increased for improved signal-to-noise ratio. Phase distortion due to reflected sound energy from the boundary itself is eliminated.
The microphone element is enclosed in a rugged housing with a black finish. The rubber non-slip bottom pad minimizes mechanical coupling of surface vibrations to the microphone. The high sensitivity of the PRO 44 ensures useful output and an excellent match to most mixer, tape recorder and amplifier inputs. It will provide undistorted output even in sound fields as loud as 114 dB SPL.
- Low profile for minimum visibility
- Wide-range condenser element with low-mass diaphragm for superior performance
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power modules
- Rugged design and construction
- 25' (7.6 m) detachable cable (TA3F to XLRM-type)
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 70-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -25 dB (56.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 114 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (typical): 86 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Phantom Power Requirements: 9-52V, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 2.4 oz
Audio-Technica PRO 44 - A low-profile boundary mic for countless applications!
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.