The S25B is an electret-condenser microphone that has been designed for acoustic bass. All of the parameters that are problematic for the double bass have been addressed. To be able to get the most gain before feedback it uses a very tight pattern to give a high rejection to surrounding noise, at the same time reproducing accurately the subtleties of the bass. As placement is especially important with an instrument that has a fine finish and varying dimensions, the S25B microphone's attachment mechanism is designed to secure the mic to the bass in different positions taking seconds to attach. This mechanism is fitted with natural soft suede so as not to mark or mar instrument.
Made from aluminum to keep the mass low yet extremely strong, this AMT microphone will remain durable through many years of use. The flex arm is easy to position yet retains it's placement throughout the most active of performances. The mic has an LED that can be easily seen while performing. This indicates status of a battery or phantom power.
The preamp for the S25B microphone is rugged anodized aviation aluminum, which houses the electronics that can be placed on the floor. This preamp utilizes a circuit that can change EQ, curve, and gain by exchanging EPROM-like chip. The preamp runs off battery or phantom power. The output is terminated with a male XLR type connector for balanced use. The mic is connected to the preamp by a 4-pin locking connector.
Applied Microphone Technology AMT S25B Acoustic Bass Microphone Features
- Condenser microphone designed for acoustic bass
- Flexible arm for optimal placement
- High rejection to surrounding noise
- Rugged anodized aviation aluminum construction
- Floor preamp with xlr output
- Runs off of battery or phantom power
- Includes hardshell blo-mold protective case
Applied Microphone Technology AMT S25B Acoustic Bass Microphone Specifications
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency: 30Hz - 10kHz
- Sensitivity: -65dB+ 4dB
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Phantom Power: 12 to 52 vDC Self-powered battery
- Max input SPL: 120 dB
- Dimension 10" Flex Arm Mechanism Opens min 5" to max 11 7/8", Cable 10'
- Weight Mic only: 71 grams
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.