We all know that a master clock is the best way to improve sound quality when working with more than one digital device in our studios. As digital technology proliferates, clock distribution has become more critical than ever, and the Isochrone DA by Antelope Audio is the definitive solution. Through Antelope's exclusive clock regenerating process, the DA improves sound quality, eliminates jitter, and ensures reliable studio operation. The Isochrone DA is a new, unprecedented approach to clock distribution. Designed to provide far more than clock distribution, the DA's unique regeneration technology will both synchronize the studio with unmatchable precision, and also make connected devices sound better than anyone thought possible. The Isochrone DA was created to benefit any studio, not just ones that need more clock outputs.Antelope Audio Isochrone DA at a Glance
- Clock Regeneration, allowing distributed clock superior in quality to the source.
- Jitter management module.
- DDS-based acoustically focused clocking.
- Allows converters and other audio sources to be used as a master clock.
- Freewheel protection prevents audio dropouts
- Receives source clock in four different formats.
Improved Sound and Stability
Other Clock Distributors simply amplify the outgoing clock signal, redistributing unstable, jitter polluted clock throughout the studio. This process introduces additional jitter to the signal as well, making it an overall poor way to address sync distribution.
The Isochrone DA approaches distribution in an entirely different way, circumventing the flawed amplification approach used by other devices. With Antelope's exclusive clock regeneration process, the DA distributes signal that is vastly superior to the source. This low jitter signal stabilizes the entire studio, and connected gear will experience significant improvements in sound quality.
Antelope's Jitter Management Module
Jitter free operation is critical in the modern studio. Jitter comes from countless sources, and one weak link will contaminate every component in the facility. Antelope's Jitter Management module guarantees there are no weak links, rendering jitter virtually nonexistent. The Jitter Management Module takes Adaptive Loop Filtering to the next level by using a sophisticated DSP Based Multistage IIR filter, guaranteeing the purest most stable clock possible.
Acoustically Focused Clocking
The DA's amazing sound is achieved through Antelope's exclusive Acoustically Focused Clocking technology. AFC is the next generation of DDS, a technology introduced over ten years ago by Isochrone engineer Igor Levin with his ground breaking Aardsync. The AardSync was immediately recognized as the best sounding clock in the industry. Its successor, the AardsyncII, received even greater acclaim. This extraordinary technology continued developing, culminating in the 3rd generation of DDS technology, AFC.
The Isochrone DA is not limited in the devices it can accommodate as master clock. In many situations, the converter is also the ideal master clock source. Clock embedded in an AES/EBU or S/PDIF signal is distributed in a range of formats, all enhanced by Antelope's jitter management module and AFC technology. Additional Thru outputs transmit a rebuffered version of the original signal, allowing converters and other audio sources to be used normally, in addition to their new role as master clock.
Isochrone brings piece of mind to the studio. A dropout in the master clock signal would cripple most studios. The Isochrone DA is the only distributor able to render this problem nonexistent. In the event of a dropout, the DA immediately employs freewheel protection, allowing continued clock distribution despite an absent source. This safeguard operates transparently without even the slightest disruption.
With straightforward controls dedicated to specific tasks, warning lights for critical errors, and a highly visible, accurate frequency display, the DA's operating stats can be assessed at a glance.
The Isochrone can receive source clock in four different formats, including AES and S/PDIF support unavailable in any other clock distributor. Regardless of the source frequency, clock outputs can be configured to transmit independent custom frequencies from 30kHz to 200kHz, as well as 256 superclock.
- Clock Regeneration, allowing distributed clock superior in quality to the source
- Jitter Management Module
- DDS based Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC)
- Wide Frequency support 30Hz-200kHz
- Freewheel support. Protection from source clock dropouts
- 8 Word Clock ouputs, two supporting custom frequencies
- 4 AES / EBU outputs
- 2 S/PDIF outputs
- S/PDIF input with rebuffered audio pass through
- AES/EBU input with rebuffered audio pass through
- Superclock support for Digidesign Pro Tools systems
- Large, accurate frequency display with brightness control
- Power supply for automatic compliance with all international voltage standards
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.