Computer-based production studios give you access to a practically infinite number of virtual instruments. From sampled strings to modeled analog synthesizers to fine-tuned, studio-recorded drum kits, a universe of voices and timbres is at your fingertips, and all can be controlled with a MIDI-over-USB controller keyboard. Only problem is, most controller keyboards feel less like keyboards and more like controllers. Not the Akai MPK25. Makers of the legendary MPC Music Production Center sampler-sequencers, Akai understands how important it is for electronic instruments to have the same feel and expressiveness of their acoustic predecessors. They've applied their decades of electronic music expertise to the MPK series, and the result is a USB controller that feels more like an instrument than any that have come before it. Plus, Akai has added features ported right from the MPC series for a fully featured, compact studio tool that's equally adept as a keyboard instrument, a pad controller/sample sequencer, and the remote transport and mixing surface for your DAW.A Keyboard Controller
The full-sized keys on MPK keyboards are some of the best you can get on any USB controller, even those costing hundreds more. Semi-weighted, with pressure-sensitivity and aftertouch, they grant intimate, tactile control over otherwise antiseptic virtual instruments. Even though the MPK25 is compact, with keys that feel this good it's sure to inspire better performances, as well as make you want to spend more time making music. Solid, responsive pitch and mod wheels add to the MPK25's expressive capabilities, as do assignable inputs for expression and sustain pedals. MIDI in/out jacks allow control over hardware synths and modules as well. Hardware and software instruments alike will benefit from the advanced arpeggiator built right into the MPK, a multi-phrase, programmable arpeggiator that's tempo-sync-able to DAW projects or external MIDI gear.A Controller Keyboard
Supporting MIDI Machine Control protocol, the MPK25 can be used to trigger more than just notes in your DAW. In a space no wider than many laptops, the MPK25 fits an impressive control variety, including twelve rotary knobs assignable to up to two controls thanks to the controller's dual-layer assignability, plus four assignable buttons for tactile access to virtually any control parameter in any digital audio workstation. A dedicated transport section turns the MPK25 into the nerve center of your entire studio setup. Eight sliders, buttons and rotary encoders are arranged like a mixer for intuitive control over channel level, panning and arming, should you choose. Alternately, use them to control various functions and effect parameters in plug-ins and virtual or rack-mount synthesizers. A big, backlit LCD screen clearly displays MIDI control presets and makes it easy to edit your own layouts as well.MPC Features
Other keyboard controllers may have "trigger pads" that emulate the classic MPC's, but only the Akai MPK25 has the real deal. Twelve genuine MPC pads, velocity- and pressure-sensitive, sit at the top center of the MPK. They're joined by familiar MPC functions like "full level," "12 level" and "note repeat" modes. A tap tempo control can be used to control both the note repeat and arpeggio functions in real time, and classic Akai "swing" can be applied as well. If you've ever programed on an MPC before, you'll be right at home, and if you haven't, you'll soon understand why the MPC has been held in such high regard for so long.
If you're looking to get more musical with your computer audio software, don't settle for a USB controller that's going to get in between you and your music. Get your hands on an Akai MPK25, and rediscover the excitement, passion and fun that your music's been missing.
Power Supply : USB Cable (Included) or Akai MP6 power cord (Not Included - only required if using Akai MPK-25 without a computer).
- 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- 2 banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and 4 buttons, 2 banks each
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug-and-play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Custom LCD Display
- Footswitchable patch changes
- Number of independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable continuous footpedals: 1
- Programmable footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System real-time controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- MPK25 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Buy products online with confidence.
- We ship FEDEX worldwide to most countries including Australia.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction AudioBuy offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the and general products such as stock availability , price matching , price quotes , date of manufacture etc. We will help you to select from the best products available.